Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Engagement/ Wedding Process....Friend of Foe?

Thought this would be timely since I have just picked a wedding date. I am now 1.5 months into the engagement process with the Cathedral and Priest now selected and available. This leaves about just under 11 months to fill in the rest of the blanks for the wedding and reception. So far it has been a stressful process and we have not spent dollar #1 yet. I am looking forward to crunch time when we are balancing work, social life, MBA programs, sports, summer, family, and everything else while attempting to make our special day just that...special. I can honestly say that the day after the BIG day will be a joyous event and a great start to the rest of our lives together. Not that any of you( the select few that actually log onto this site) care about the above situation, but since we just established our date, it seemed an appropriate time to chime in on this matter.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could not agree more. That is why we are trying tooth and nail to make this as inexpensive of a process as we can. Granted, we will have to spend some money, but not the money that most people will spend. I cant fathom going in debt for a couple of hours of a party. Doesnt make sense. If you are one of those people that feel that a huge ceremony is what it takes to impress the friends and family, then have at it. Just not for me.

Anonymous said...

Well I think we know my feelings on the waiting process.... Kelly

Anonymous said...

Or the lack there of.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm this sounds very interesting. To think you actually believe your wedding won't cost that much or should I say you hope your wedding won't cost that much. Please oh PLEASE keep us informed about how much this is going to cost. I would love to know how your planning to pull that off since neither of you are cheap people. It takes practice to be cheap. I will be looking in time to time to see how your doing. HA! HA! HA!
good luck,
the wedding watcher